Finance your own motorhome and explore the moselle region
Being independent and flexible on your vacation is even more in vogue now than ever before. Especially after the corona pandemic and the times of lockdowns, many are drawn to vacation again. For more and more people, the ability to decide for themselves when, how and where to spend the best time of the year is becoming the ultimate in vacation planning.
No matter if the vacation is spent at the mosel, in the vineyards or elsewhere – camping holidays always provide maximum flexibility. But there are some limitations. Especially flexible are all those on the road who sleep in a tent. For more comfort, however, you need a caravan or motor home. But it makes sense to buy a caravan or mobile home instead of renting one? What are the options for financing and who is suitable for financing?
The following article provides the most helpful answers to these questions, so that the purchase of a caravan or motor home becomes realistic and feasible. In case the acquisition succeeds, here are a few more vacation tips for the mosel region.
In the middle of a beautiful landscape and surrounded by vineyards lies the moselle river. In order to spend the vacation as close to nature as possible, a camping vacation in this region is particularly suitable.
Pixabay © tama66 (CCO public domain)
How to finance a caravan or motor home simply?
This is probably the most important of all questions that many ask themselves before buying, if the amount X is not available in cash form. To begin to save, if the desire already exists, is usually much too late respectively. The idea would certainly take years, since with caravans or mobile homes nevertheless of stately sums one speaks.
On the part of the credit and financial institutions quite different financing options are offered, as for example installment credits, balloon credits, leasing offers or purpose-bound car credits. Which variant is the most suitable and which model is financially feasible can be discussed with a bank advisor of the house bank. Also online platforms, such as finanzcheck.De, provide both information on the loan options as well as individually tailored offers, usually based on these financing options.
- An installment loan is usually not earmarked, which means that the loan amount is freely available for use. Due to the often higher loan amount, this type of loan is usually more difficult to get or high interest rates must be expected. The advantage is, however, that no exact purpose must be specified in advance. That is, the loan allows the financing of the motorhome and the equipment details that are purchased around the motorhome. This can be awnings, table sets or structural changes.
- Financing via a so-called balloon loan is at first glance very attractive due to the usually quite low interest rates. However, it must be clearly mentioned in advance that at the end of the loan period is a final installment to be paid, which in most cases is very high. Many borrowers underestimate exactly this horrendous final payment and have to take out a new loan to pay off the final payment via follow-up financing.
- The principle of leasing is familiar to many – and especially to those who own a company or company car. With the classical leasing the vehicle, in this case the camper or the caravan, is not bought however. Leasing means renting a caravan or motorhome. At the end of the term, the customer is free to buy the vehicle directly from the dealer or possibly renew the contract and lease again. The crux of the leasing contract is often the agreed mileage, which must not be exceeded during the leasing period, otherwise additional costs will be incurred.
- The so-called car loan is the most common way to finance a motorhome. This is an earmarked loan, which often has more favorable conditions than a free installment loan. Those who take out a car loan through an external credit company (i.E. Not at the local dealer), in order to buy the motorhome with this loan, can often save money, because the buyer can now – with the loan from the bank – negotiate just like a cash payer. The catch: during the entire term of the loan, the vehicle title serves as collateral for the bank and must be deposited there. Until the end of the repayment, the ownership remains with the bank and is transferred to the owner only after the debt has been settled.
Which loan is suitable to finance the motorhome or caravan, can be found out via a credit comparison portal. It is important for many to get the money they need quickly and easily. However, careful research and reading of the fine print is recommended to avoid the need for a further loan at the end of the repayment period.
No matter whether caravan or mobile home – the suitable financing and the credit to be paid off must be well thought out and examined beforehand.
Pixabay © JACLOU-DL (CCO public domain)
The moselle region – that is why it is so popular with campers
If it worked out with the acquisition of the camper or caravan, it applies now still another vacation region to select, which is suitable for camping. Camping within germany is becoming more and more attractive for many and the mosel region regularly ranks among the top camping regions in germany. Especially those who want to travel with their school-age children during the summer vacations cannot and do not always want to fly to the south or travel to the adriatic sea. Rather, in summer temperatures, exploring the homeland is fully in vogue.
The area on the moselle is increasingly establishing itself as a hotspot, as it offers families everything they need for a perfect vacation. Also, the proximity to france and luxembourg is regularly referred to as an advantage of the german vacation region, after all, a trip to nearby foreign countries can be realized at short notice. But first, let's take a look at the advantages of the moselle region itself – and these are quite impressive.
The natural setting along the moselle river, which meanders through the countryside for a total of 544 kilometers, is unique. Due to the mild climate and the soil conditions, the seemingly endless vineyards, which produce noble german wines, stretch along the river. The wine-growing region of rhineland-palatinate is known throughout the world for wines such as riesling, rivaner, silvaner and sauvignon blanc. The white wine varieties grow here at about 1.600 hours of sunshine throughout the year. In summer, the average temperature is 23 degrees celsius, while in winter it is around minus four degrees.
If you want to explore the region, you can do so perfectly by bike or on one of the countless hiking trails, which mostly lead through the vineyards. An absolute vacation highlight could be a sightseeing flight over the vineyards, where a fantastic view from above is guaranteed. Water rats also get their money's worth in summer along the moselle and could enjoy themselves at the pulvermaar bathing lake, at the stuben monastery ruins, in bruttig near bremm, behind kovenig or even on moselle island. If the motorhome is winterized, even a short vacation in the cold season would be conceivable. Then the moselle region is very popular among fans of winter sports. Skiers and snowboarders get their money's worth here and regularly praise the ski resort of saint maurice sur moselle.
Vacation tips for a stay in the moselle region
The landscape around and along the moselle is very natural and impresses with a breathtaking panorama. Located directly in the border triangle, on the border with france and luxembourg, it is the perfect starting point for excursions and ventures.
The following excursion tips represent only a small selection of the possibilities in the region:
if you travel to the moselle, you can't miss trier. Here, the list of sights is long and should definitely be visited. The porta nigra is probably known to many people. The UNESCO world heritage site dates back to 170 AD and is a roman city gateway. Almost majestic is the sight of this imposing building, which was also briefly converted into a church. Years later it was rebuilt into a gateway and can also be visited from the inside. Also a top destination in trier is the amphitheater. Many think directly of the colosseum in rome when amphitheater is mentioned. But also in this country the romans have held their games at exactly such battlefields. Already 100 after christ have 20.000 people in trier attended such games in the amphitheater.
koblenz is one of the oldest cities in germany. In addition to castles and palaces, the old town in particular is one of the very special attractions. Culture and art meet at stolzenfels castle and are exhibited here. From here, visitors have a fantastic view over the rhine terrace. Looking toward the mouth of the lahn river, you can see lahneck castle and braubach's marksburg castle. Also the fortress ehrenbreitstein can be seen from here. In addition, a detour to the deutsches eck and the monument in honor of kaiser wilhelm are obligatory during a visit to the city. The view from here of the two converging rivers rhine and moselle is unique.
- Castles, palaces and a lot of history
along the moselle there are many castles and fortresses that are still well preserved today. Some date back to the middle ages, others are much older. Unusually, most of the historic buildings are very well preserved and open to the public. So all those who would like to be a damsel or a prince can experience the world of yesteryear from a different perspective.
The perfect campsite as a starting point for ventures
Important for every camper is first and foremost the perfect pitch for the vacations. This serves as a starting point for the planned undertakings. Situated directly on the river, with a view of the vineyards, is of course the most popular ambience in the moselle region, where the vacation mood comes up in no time at all. The erden campsite, for example, is located on the banks of the moselle river and the moselle bike path passes right by it. In the direction of koblenz is the historic campsite at the mill vogelsang, which is praised as very idyllic and close to nature. Recreation and tranquility are very important here. Especially those who arrive with children or dogs will be warmly welcomed in the moselle region and can find one or the other highlight on the campsites along the moselle.